5 Reasons to Love Group Fitness
Today was my first official day teaching at Pacific Coast Kettlebells. I had 5 lovely ladies attend (one is missing from the picture) and they kicked butt working out and slinging kettlebells! I thought I'd take this opportunity to highlight 5 reasons to love group fitness.
- Motivation. The best part of working out in a group is the energy each person brings to the room. When you are feeling tired or demotivated, another person's energy can really give you a push!
- Accountability. Most of life is just showing up, and this rings especially true when it comes to fitness. You are what you do consistently, and having friends (or a friendly instructor) in the class will make you more likely to show up.
- Variety. Instructors may vary the class depending on size and who shows up, and variety keeps your muscles confused and your body working hard!
- Workout outsourcing. People have busy lives as it is, and few have extra time to spend figuring out what to do at the gym. When you attend a group fitness class, let the fitness professional think for you -- all you have to do is listen and execute.
- FUN. So many people get stuck in a rut when it comes to working out and only continue because they "have to". Exercising should be fun, and that's the goal of a group fitness class!
- Come see me at Pacific Coast Kettlebells on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday at 9:30 AM.